PeaceTalks DVD Series
- Discusses how to break the chain of violence by developing concern for others and creating a positive sense of community
- Shares key violence prevention strategies that emerge from his discussions with teens across the country
- Developed for middle through high school age youth and incorporates active participation by teens from diverse backgrounds
This program discusses how to break the chain of violence by developing concern for others and creating a positive sense of community.
PeaceTalks is a research-based 10-video, teen violence prevention series offering real-life practical solutions. Comedian and teen counselor Michael Pritchard shares key violence prevention strategies that emerge from his discussions with teens across the country. Each program can stand on its own and includes a comprehensive Leaders Guide. The series was developed for middle through high school age youth and incorporates active participation by teens from diverse backgrounds.
PeaceTalks has won 16 major national awards and is presently being shown to teens, teachers, parents, counselors, youth caregivers, and juvenile justice personnel and may be purchased with drug-free and safe-school funds.
Filmed on location across the United States, in real schools, with real students, this important violence prevention series educates teens about our violent society, the risks they face every day, and the positive choices they can make to stay safe. PeaceTalks prevents violence by teaching kids how to avoid dangerous situations, handle their emotions, and use conflict resolution skills to defuse potentially violent confrontations. Together, Michael Pritchard and teens from around the country discuss how to get along with others, make safe choices and build a positive, peaceful life.
Series includes 1 each of the following DVD's:
- Preventing Violence
- Resolving Conflicts
- Managing Your Anger
- Dealing With Bullies
- Respecting Yourself and Others
- Handling Dating Pressure and Harassment
- Bridging Racial Divisions
- Handling Peer Pressure and Gangs
- Drugs, Alcohol and Guns: Triggers to Violence
- Stepping Up to Peace