Go Fish: Reel in Responsibility
Product Number : W-625B
- A fun twist on the classic game of Go Fish
- As players receive the cards they requested, they must answer an open-ended questions about responsibility
- Questions prompt discussions about the importance of acting responsibly, the consequences of irresponsible behavior, how to differentiate between responsible and irresponsible behavior, and how to develop the necessary skills required to make responsible choices
- Ages 8 to 11, 2-5 players
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Reel in Responsibility teaches players how to interact responsibly at school, at home, and within the community. Based on the scenarios presented on the cards, players are asked to identify behaviors as responsible or irresponsible. Most of the questions are open-ended to encourage personal thoughts and expression.
The game plays like classic Go Fish. There are two decks of 50 cards in each game one for children ages 5 to8 years old and the other for children ages 8 to 11. It differs from classic go fish in that players must answer a question before they can accept a requested card.Instead of the usual number and picture cards, the cards have fun pictures of fish and fish names. For example, a player may ask, Do you have any Henry Herrings?If the player receives a Henry Herring card, the player reads the question on the card aloud and answers it.All questions are open ended.If the player did not have any Henry Herrings, the player would say, go fish, and then the first player would take a card from the ocean (extra cards in the center of the table).A rules sheet and facilitator guidelines are included.
Suitable for children ages 8 to 11 years old; each game can be played in about 20 minutes and is suitable for 2 - 5 participants.
Players will learn:
1. the importance and benefits of acting responsibly;
2. the consequences of irresponsible behavior;
3. how to differentiate between responsible behavior and irresponsible behavior and model what is right; and
4. how to develop the necessary skills to make responsible choices.
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Reel in Responsibility is flexible enough that topics can be discussed as they are introduced during game play.