Go Fish: Cast Away Conflict
Product Number : W-625E
- Fun card game helps children learn to manage conflict in a healthy way
- For children ages 5 to 11, this game plays just like Go Fish, but children must answer a question before receiving the card they've requested
- All questions are open ended and designed to encourage discussion
- Includes instructions and facilitator guide
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Cast Away Conflict provides players with the skills needed to manage conflict in an appropriate and socially acceptable way. Scenario cards present brief but detailed conflict situations that players are asked to resolve calmly and effectively. By practicing strategies such as apologizing, compromising, and listening, players learn to adopt behaviors that can enhance their relationships at home, at school, and within the community.
The game plays like classic Go Fish. There are two decks of 50 cards in each game one for children ages 5 to 8 years old and the other for children ages 8 to 11 years old. It differs from classic go fish in that players must answer a question before they can accept a requested card.Instead of the usual number and picture cards, the cards have fun pictures of fish and fish names. For example, a player may ask, Do you have any Henry Herrings?If the player receives a Henry Herring card, the player reads the question on the card aloud and answers it.All questions are open ended.If the player did not have any Henry Herrings, the player would say, go fish, and then the first player would take a card from the ocean (extra cards in the center of the table).A rules sheet and facilitator guidelines are included.
Suitable for children ages 5 to 11 years old. Each game can be played in about 20 minutes, and can be played by 2 -5 participants.
Players will learn:
1. the skills needed to resolve conflict in an assertive and nonviolent way;
2. the skills needed to avoid conflict;
3. that overcoming conflict calmly and thoughtfully can lead to healthier and happier relationships; and
4. when intervention by an adult is needed.
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Cast Away Conflict is flexible enough that therapists and couselors can stop and explore topics as they are introduced.