Generation Now DVD
- An important program for pre-teens, teens, and parents
- Parental neglect is a major problem affecting today?s youth
- When children do not feel loved, they develop low self-esteem, which leads to future unhealthy coping mechanisms such as self-harm, substance abuse, or delinquency
- An important program for pre-teens, teens, and parents.
- 6-segment DVD program with discussion questions.
- Top-quality productions, leaders guide available online.
Parental neglect is a major problem affecting todays youth. In this provocative and timely program, we meet Nil, Siah, Zero and Electra, a group of average young people from diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds all with this in common - each struggles with the very real issues of absentee parenting, apathy, and lack of emotional support from family and community.
Through this film we see the effect of emotional neglect on children. Parents who emotionally neglect their children do not spend much time with them. They do not offer a lot of affection through compliments, hugs, and kisses. They constantly putdown, criticize, or berate their children, and/or do not praise, respect, encourage, or support them regularly.
When children do not feel loved, they develop low self-esteem, which leads to future unhealthy coping mechanisms such as self-harm, substance abuse, or delinquency. Young people need someone to talk to about their goals, hopes, and problems. When parents help their children meet these needs, they protect them from potentially harmful relationships. Clearly, parents play a pivotal role in shaping their childrens values and goals. DVD is made-up of six, 15-minute segments, with discussion questions at the end of each part.