Go Fish: Fishing For Feelings
Product Number : W-625F
- A fun twist on the classic game of go fish
- Players must answer open-ended questions before receiving a requested card. Each question prompts a discussion about successfully dealing with feelings, recognizing others feelings, or identifying appropriate feelings
- Allows children to learn to express their feelings in non-threatening, safe environment
- Suitable for children ages 5-11, 2-4 players
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Fishing for Feelings teaches the skills needed to successfully deal with feelings, recognize feelings in others, and identify appropriate feelings.Players practice talking about their feelings in an open-ended and non-threatening way.
The game plays like classic Go Fish. There are two decks of 50 cards in each game. One for children ages 5 to 8 years old,and the other for children ages 8 to ll years old. It differs from classic go fish in that players must answer a question before they can accept a requested card. Instead of the usual number and picture cards, the cards have fun pictures of fish and fish names. For example, a player may ask, Do you have any Henry Herrings?If the player receives a Henry Herring card, the player reads the question on the card aloud and answers it. All questions are open ended. If the player did not have any Henry Herrings, the player would say, go fish, and then the first player would take a card from the ocean (extra cards in the center of the table).A rules sheet and facilitator guidelines are included.
Suitable for children ages 5 to 11 hears old. Each game takes about 20 minutes to play and is suitable for 2 to 4 players.
Players will learn:
1. how to recognize their own feelings;
2. how to express feelings verbally in a mature way;
3. how to identify feelings in others; and
4. how to handle difficult situations that involve strong or negative feelings.
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Fishing for Feelings is flexible enough topics can be explored and discussed as they are introduced.