A New Beginning Recovery Card Game
- By Mildred Duggins Williams, MA, CAC II
- A great card game designed to enhance recovery skills in people struggling to overcome addictive behaviors
- Use in groups or one on one
- Most cards require knowledge of a 12-step program
By Mildred Duggins Williams, MA, CAC II. This card game is designed to enhance recovery skills for those overcoming addictive behaviors. Cards reinforce skills, generate discussions, and integrate learning. The deck can be used to creatively facilitate groups or individual sessions. You can customize the activities by pulling out the most appropriate cards for a particular group or individual. Most cards require knowledge of a 12-step program.
- If you come in contact with old associates who are using, how will you handle the situation? What recovery tools will you use?
- Did you have multiple addictions? How did their effects on you differ?
- List the names of four people in your life that will be impacted by positive changes in your thinking and behaving.