Go Fish: Hooked on Friendship
Product Number : W-625C
- A fun twist on the classic game of Go Fish
- Players must answer an open ended question about friendship before receiving their requested card
- Questions prompt discussion about how to be a good friend, how to keep your friends, how to deal with conflict, and how to enhance relationships
- Suitable for children ages 5 to 11, for 2-5 players
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Hooked on Friendship is designed to help children learn friendship skills while having fun. The framework of the game will teach players how to make friends, how to be a good friend and how to resolve conflict with peers. The scenario cards cover basic lessons on fairness, kindness, respect and understanding.The scenarios draw from daily interactions that take place during school, after-school activities, in the neighborhood, and at home.
The game plays like classic Go Fish. There are two decks of 50 cards in each game one for children ages 4 to 8 years oldand the other for children ages 8 to 11 years old. It differs from classic go fish in that players must answer a question before they can accept a requested card.Instead of the usual number and picture cards, the cards have fun pictures of fish and fish names. For example, a player may ask, Do you have any Henry Herrings?If the player receives a Henry Herring card, the player reads the question on the card aloud and answers it.All questions are open ended.If the player did not have any Henry Herrings, the player would say, go fish, and then the first player would take a card from the ocean (extra cards in the center of the table).A rules sheet and facilitator guidelines are included.
Suitable for children ages 5 to 11 years old; each game takes about 20 minutes to play and can be played by 2- 5 participants.
Players will learn:
1. that in order to have good friends you must be a good friend;
2. that fairness, kindness, respect, and understanding are important in the process of making and keeping friends;
3. how to deal appropriately with conflict and peer relations; and
4. how to use common strategies to enhance relationships.
Play-2-Learn Go Fish: Hooked on Friendship is flexible enough that topics can be explored and discussed as they are introduced during game play.